We’re building a transformative financial technology platform for healthcare, starting with behavioral health. Financial friction is the primary deterrent to care, and we believe that it’s critical to solve this fundamental problem to enable better accessibility and outcomes.
Many of us have experienced the frustration of paying up front for care with no visibility into what insurance will cover nor how to pursue reimbursement. We’re solving this problem with purpose-built financial infrastructure that provides a simplified payment, claims and financing platform, enabling clinicians and patients to focus on care. We see a multi-billion-dollar market opportunity with our initial solution. As we grow, we’ll be working with the most innovative companies in the mental health space to support commercialization of new treatments and contributing to a more effective and efficient market for mental health services.
Our team represents a diversity of experiences, including with the organizations below, and we all share a deep passion for the mental health space.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer that is comfortable with both front- and back-end programming and that is excited by the opportunity to build a business from the ground up as a member of the founding team. You will be responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside our Head of Product and other engineers to ensure that we iterate quickly to provide the best possible service to both clinicians and patients.
You will have the opportunity to work on a product for which we’ll see immediate impact for clinicians and patients, and you’ll be responsible for seeing projects through, from conception to delivery. The role requires excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to self-motivate.
• Developing front-end website architecture
• Designing user interactions on web pages
• Developing back-end website applications
• Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones and backend interoperability with native mobile application
• Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
• Working alongside graphic designers for web design features
• Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
• Developing and integrating with Restful API built in Python
• Integrating with third-party API’s
• Ensuring highest level of data security to ensure the compliant handling of Personal Health Information
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
• 4+ years of full-stack engineering experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency with React, Angular JS, Node, and/or Amber
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• Experience building on top of Django backend and RESTful API’s
• Experience working with Heroku infrastructure
• Excellent verbal communication skills (Ability to communicate in English both in writing and verbally a requirement)
• Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• A desire to make an impact on the market for mental healthcare
We offer competitive compensation (cash + equity) and top-of-the-line benefits. Our founders are based in NYC, however this role canbe fully remote anywhere within the U.S.
This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a startup. We’re building our team quickly to help us launch with our development partners and then accelerate growth. If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please use the link below to send us your resume, and we will follow up with next steps.